Red Cross Awareness Month has begun and we are excited to introduce the newly released Tornado App. The Tornado App provides you with information to track a storm, plan for when it occurs, and how to pick up the pieces after the tornado. Whether you not have internet or mobile reception, you will always be able to access the app to keep safe and informed during the storm.
The Red Cross Tornado App includes many features:
- Step by step instructions for when cell towers and TVs are down.
- Learn how to prioritize before, during and after a storm even if there is no mobile connectivity
- Audible siren goes off even if the app is closed when a TORNADO WARNING is issued, which will reduce your chances of sleeping through a warning.
- Notification sent when Tornado Warning expires and it is OK to leave your safe room.
- Identifies Red Cross location-based open shelters map.
- Learn how to assemble an emergency kit in the event of a power outage or evacuation
- Preloaded information means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allows you to test your tornado knowledge and learn new facts to help become better prepared for when a tornado strikes.
- Allows you to let friends and family know you’re safe with a customizable “I’m Safe” notification you can share through social media, text, and email.
We are excited to launch this app to insure that you and your loved ones are safe and prepared for the upcoming Tornado Season. Thoroughly tested and reviewed by health and safety experts, the information and advice provided in this app is to be trusted.