The American Red Cross has launched its forth life-saving app! The Wildfire App helps to prepare, warn, and help you in an event of a wildfire in your area. With notifications of wildfires in your area to a toolkit that will assist you in a power outage, this app is a must for anyone who lives in an area vulnerable to wildfires.
Some features of the app include:
- Easy instruction that teach you what to do before, during, and after a wildfire, even with no data connectivity.
- Notifications about current wildfires or wildfire-conductive weather.
- A one-touch “I’m Safe” alert that notifies friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text.
- Listings of available Red Cross shelters in your area.
- A Toolkit designed to keep you safe in a power outage, including a strobe light, flashlight, and audible alert functions.
- Step-by-step instructions teaching you to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of a power outage or evacuation.
- Learn how to create and practice an emergency plan for your family.
- Test your knowledge of wildfires with interactive quizzes and earn badges to share with your friends.
- Learn about the history of wildfires in your area through illustration.
Whether you or a loved one lives in a wildfire-prone area, make sure to download the Wildfire app to keep you and your family safe.